Intellectual Property Paralegal / Legal Assistant
Keen to further develop your understanding of intellectual property law and be part of an innovative entrepreneurial company which is passionate about brand protection?
We are seeking to appoint a bright and commercially minded paralegal/legal assistant with a keen interest in brand protection to join our legal department to assist primarily in the enforcement of the company’s intellectual property (IP) portfolio. The successful candidate will gain a valuable insight into a career in an in-house legal department as well as ‘on the job’ training within a FMCG business. The candidate will work as part of a close-knit team of three under the guidance of our Head of Legal and alongside a Trainee Solicitor.
Your main responsibilities and duties will include, although not be limited to the following:
- Regular monitoring of various e-commerce websites around the globe to identify possible counterfeit/infringing products; making “trap purchases”; assessing whether the products obtained infringe the company’s IP rights; reporting the infringing items; and following up to ensure that such items are in fact removed from sale
- Drafting of Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Undertake legal and general research
- Maintain and further develop existing contract management systems
- Legal administrative work
To be considered for this role we are looking for someone with the following:
- A graduate preferably with a 2.1-degree classification (non-law graduates will also have completed the GDL)
- LPC completion is desirable but not essential
- Ideally have experience in a legal role either within a law firm, or within a commercial in-house environment (or have completed a placement year)
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- The ability to prioritise work, multi task and work to tight deadlines
- A good team player, who is also comfortable working on their own initiative.
- IT literate with competency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
While the role is full time the Company is willing to consider applications from candidates wishing to work part-time (minimum of 20 hours per week),