We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Quality Manager to join our team at our Head Office in the UK.
You will be responsible for playing a lead role in all aspects of Quality ensuring that standards are met, your main responsibilities and duties will include:
- Continuous improvement of the Quality Management System to reflect best practice within our market
- Ensure products meet correct levels of quality before they are briefed to manufacturing and before shipping
- Complete factory visits globally (mainly China) to ensure procedures and agreed standards are being maintained
- Working with Supply Chain & Customers / Distributors to isolate defective items and resolve issues
- Working with quality systems data and KPI’s to improve company’s quality control, as well as identifying improvements needed and monitoring these through monthly reports
- Leading and developing a multi-site team in both the UK and China ensuring high team effectiveness
You will play a key role in driving a culture of continuous improvement across the business. The ideal candidate will have significant previous experience in a quality role within a manufacturing environment ideally from a non-food background dealing with product sourced from the far-east. They must have a strong working knowledge of industry quality standards and auditing procedures, be a good communicator and able to build relationships across different countries and time zones.
Strong organisational skills and an ability to implement corrective action across a multi-functional team are essential.
Some travel to manufacturing sites in China will be required.